Pashu mela or Cattle Fairs are organized regularly in Rajasthan from ancient times. many types of animals with their owners came here to show thier skills or buy or sell them. these fairs are important to know from Exam prospective.
State Level Cattle Fairs of Rajasthan
1. Shri Mallinath Cattle Fair – Tilwara, (Barmer) – This fair takes place on the banks of river Luni. – Chaitra Shukla from Chaitra Krishna Ekadashi
This fair fills up till Ekadashi (April).
2. Shri Baldev Cattle Fair – Merta (Nagaur) – From Chaitra Shukla Ekam to Poornima (April) this fair fills.
3. Shri Tejaji Cattle Fair – Parbatsar (Nagaur) – From Shravan Purnima to Bhadrapada Amavasya (August) this fair fills.
4. Shri Gomtisagar Cattle Fair – Jhalrapatan (Jhalawar) – From Vaishakh Shukla Trayodashi to Jyeshtha Krishna Panchami (May) this fair fills
5. Chandrabhaga Cattle Fair – Jhalrapatan (Jhalawar) – From Kartik Shukla Ekadashi to Margashirsha Krishna Panchami (November) this fair
Chandrabhaga fills the banks of the river.
6. Jaswant Cattle Fair – Bharatpur – From Ashwin Shukla Panchami to Chaturdashi (October) this fair fills.
7. Kartik Cattle Fair – Pushkar (Ajmer) – This fair fills from Kartik Shukla Ashtami to Margashirsha Dwitiya (November).
8. Mahashivratri Cattle Fair – Karauli – This fair starts (March) from Falgun Krishna Trayodashi.
9. Sevadia Cattle Fair – Raniwada (Jalore).
10. Gogamedi Cattle Fair – Hanumangarh.
11. Ramdev Cattle Fair – Nagaur.
12. Badrana Cattle Fair :– The famous cattle fair of Shekhawati, which is organized in Nawalgarh (Jhunjhunu).
13. Bajrang cattle fair – Uchhain (Bharatpur) – This fair fills from Ashwin Krishna Dwitiya to Ashtami.
14. Bajrang Cattle Fair – Sindhari (Barmer)