Farmers Protest begain on 5 June 2020 when three agriculture ordinances promuglated by the center. Farmers started (Dharnas) at different sites all over country which was succeded by (Rail Roko Andolan) which was later revoked due to various issues caused by it.
Farms laws were passed in Parliament on 17 Sep 2020.
Farmers gave a call for ‘ delhi chalo” on 26 Nov 2020 which were joined by various parts of country.
12 Rounds of meeting were held by Govt with Farmers which did’nt given any conclusion last meeting was held on 22 January 2021.
26 Sept: shiromani akali dal withdraw coalition from B.J.P.
12 Jan : Supreme Court puts farm laws on hold.
20 Jan: Centre Govt offers to put stay on Agri Laws for 18 Months.
22 Jan: Last round of talks between Govt and Farmers
26 Jan: Violence erupts during tractor march in various parts of Capital.
3 Oct: Cars run overs farmers near Lakhimpur Kheri UP in which 4 farmers and 1 Journelist killed.
19 Nov: PM in his addres to nation declare for the repeal of 3 farm law.
29 Nov: Farm law repeal bill was passed by parliament.
1 Dec: Got the accent from President.
11 Dec: Farmers marched back to their homes.
Demands of Farmers for Ending Protest after Repeal of Laws-
1) MSP based on the comprehensive cost of production should be made a legal entitlement of all farmers for all agricultural produce.
2) Withdraw the draft ‘Electricity Amendments Bill, 2020/2021’
3) The umbrella body of farmers’ unions also sought withdrawal of cases against farmers and building a memorial for the protesters who lost their lives during the agitation against the three contentious Central farm laws.
4) It also sought removal of penal provisions against farmers in the ‘Commission for Air Quality Management in the National Capital Region and Adjoining Areas Act, 2021’
5) Providing support for the families of the over 700 farmers who died during the agitation. Land should be allotted at the Singhu Border to build a memorial for the deceased farmers.
6) Their demands included the sacking and arrest of Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Mishra, whose son is accused in the Lakhimpur Kheri .