Most student especially B.ED student mistake discipline means law ,following the law , order but it has another meaning too especially for B.ed Topic.
Meaning of Discipline
Discipline- The organised body of knowledge with logical structure of a particular field was termed as discipline.Like- Sub,field,skill,profession,study area etc.
Derived from Latin word-
Disciplus means- sub,student
What is Disciplinary Knowledge ?
Knowledge of particular field,skill,subject,profession,branch,area, is known as Disciplinary Knowledge.
Role of Disciplinary knowledge in school/Cricullium
- It makes curriculum planning and development easy.
- To develop Intellectual power of student. (Reasoning ,Logic).
- It helps to improve education of Children.
- It plays important role to achieve national standards in reading,writing and numerecy.
- To remove or explicit the complexity and challenge of the problems.
- To develop the specialization.
- To develop mental training/ability (Broad minded, Comparative study).
- To develop the Insight.
- To develop scientific attitude.
- To develop social value.
- Tp develop vocotional value.
- To develop rich experinces (Lab, workships,Play).